LDAP authentication (legacy)
We prefer not to use LDAP, because passwords pass through the Haplo hosted service.
Haplo only supports LDAPS (LDAP with SSL encryption). Unencrypted LDAP cannot be used.
Please send the following information to your technical contact by clicking Send secret… in your project room.
- LDAP server hostname (must be accessible from the internet)
- LDAP server port number
- Service account details (a username and password for an account which can search the LDAP server for a given user)
- The root SSL certificate (may be self-signed or a public CA)
- The common names on a valid SSL certificates. (If you load balance, there may be more than one name. The names do not have to match the hostname.)
- The search paths to use when looking for a user, eg
OU=Unit1,DC=example,DC=com(multiple search paths can be provided)
- The search query to use, eg
- A username and password for a test account.